- 09/06/2023 3:30 pm CST - 09/06/2023 4:30 pm CST
- 09/13/2023 3:30 pm CST - 09/13/2023 4:30 pm CST
Learn how to start and implement successful internships in your building!
During our two-part series you will leave with resources that will help you:
– Developed a plan for building partnerships with local businesses and organization
– Managing internship logistics and work schedules
– Form management (Work-based learning agreements, transportation, liability, site visits and evaluations)
THIS IS A TWO-PART VIRTUAL WORKSHOP, ONE HOUR EACH SESSION AFTERSCHOOL
Emily Schmidt is a Family and Consumer Science teacher at Olathe West High School. She holds a BS in FACS Education for Pittsburg State- Go-Rillas, and a MA in Curriculum and Instruction from University of Central Missouri. Emily currently teaches in the Human Services Pathway at Olathe West High School. Her husband, Mark, reside in Shawnee with their sons Carter and Bennett.
Amy Nail is a CTE Career Pathways Facilitator in Olathe. This is her 17th year in education. She is a former FCCS teacher at Olathe North High School. In her current role she provides support to students & teachers and works closely with business/industry partners in our community to provide work-based learning experiences