- 08/04/2021 9:00 am CST - 08/04/2021 10:30 am CST
- 08/05/2021 9:00 am CST - 08/05/2021 10:30 am CST
- 08/06/2021 9:00 am CST - 08/06/2021 10:30 am CST
**This VIRTUAL workshop is a three-morning series. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, August 4, 5, and 6 from 9:00 – 10:30 am each day. **
Workshop Fee = $40.00
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Graphic Design 101: Event Flier Design
- This is an entry level introduction to graphic design basics and concepts, independent of software. The focus is geared towards non-graphics majors designing an event flier/poster and adhering to basic typography and layout rules. This presentation focuses on the benefit of sketching a layout, knowing the budget to drive design choices and how fonts convey feeling and personality.
Thursday, August 5, 2021
Graphic Design Fundamentals
- This presentation explores graphic design foundations independent of software. It includes a deeper look at color combinations, typography and hierarchy for effective design executions. An overview of resources and helpful links will also be provided.
Friday, August 6, 2021
Graphic Design Careers
- In this presentation the career of Graphic Design is broken down by geographic location, job titles, strengths, job duties, education, challenges and advice. A salary resource is provided in addition to post-secondary programs for those interested in this.
I am a graphic designer/educator/avid reader/mother/wife who thrives in the creative realm of visual design. I have over a decade of experience in the graphic design industry and am daily gaining ground in the area of post-secondary education. With over a dozen ADDY awards on my shelf, I am using my skills to shape the minds of design students and contribute to the non-profit arena. I encourage creative excellence and industry competition among all students, regardless of experience level. I believe there is great value in competing in the industry and exposure to the many career paths offered in the graphics world.
I thrive the most when surrounded by open-minded individuals in a creative environment. My downtime is often spent with a book on my front porch or walking barefoot in the grass. I love to be around water, of any kind, and feel most content in nature. I love to share my design talents with my husband, friends, neighbors, and community. Graphics are everywhere, good or bad, they are everywhere. We truly live in a graphic world.
Christel Benson/Mrs. Benson/Professor Benson
Professor, Graphics and Imaging Technologies
Pittsburg State University